Sunday, September 7, 2008

STAGE ONE

During the research and development stage I have been identifying possible methodologies to follow. I have already identified that the approach which Friction Arts (Birmingham) take could be very important in these early stages. Coincidentally, I have been engaged in an email conversation with artist, writer and researcher Wayne Thexton. Wayne has a lot of experience of setting up and working on participatory projects in the city of Stoke-on-Trent, and is offering some much needed help in these early stages of the project. So far we have had an email exchange which has identified the need to concentrate on and answer some important questions; the crux of which may be: Who am I? and What am I trying to achieve? (as set out by Friction.) Wayne has suggested a more immersive Q and A session might help to understand the 'whys and wherefores' of the project, and perhaps help find the direction which the project will take.
This Q and A conversation will take place on Tuesday, I will report back on the outcome of this later...

No comments: