Saturday, January 24, 2009

What this city really needs...

In response to the lecture I went to 'lectures in regeneration' from the architects that had put in a bid for Stoke-on-Trent's public realm but had lost out to Glen Howells I have been thinking about their approach and I really liked it.
They also spoke of the need for a city to have a champion, to drive things forward; someone who really cares about the place, and is willing to go out on a limb for the place.
Thinking about it, this is a very true observation.
Liverpool has Phil Redmond; Manchester had Tony Wilson: who does Stoke have?
In response to this I have created a badge which will be given out on my tours.
Haven't decided on the exact wording of the badge just yet, but it will be one of a few choices.
or alternatively
or perhaps

and finally

No comments: